Friday, July 31, 2009

Trying to Inspire

Painting by
Kseniya Konovalova


It’s the time of year, where once again as we prepare for the Hudson Valley Scholastic Art Awards. At last year’s ceremony 38 Gold and 46 Silver Key Awards were given to many extremely talented art students ranging from grades 7 to 12. With 84 Keys in total and many, many Honorable Mentions it was great to see who some of Hudson Valley’s future artists are, and to see the great variety in art work was remarkable. As a previous Silver Key award winner, I would like to encourage everyone to sign-up and submit this upcoming October. I can speak from experience when I say the Hudson Valley Scholastic Art Awards can open many doors to great opportunities. The art awards were actually also a great turning point for me. Thanks to many very impressive speakers, the award ceremony had made a few doubtful minds, open-up to the possibility that I could use my art work, something I love, as a career and live a happy and successful life doing so. Now as I sit inside of the Orange County Arts Council, I look back to one really spectacular night, where I got to walk on stage and receive an award I really didn't intend on receiving at all, and if it wasn't for my experience with the Hudson Valley Scholastic Art Awards and the help of a great teacher, I know for sure I would have never gotten the chance to meet Ms. Linn and receive the chance to work in such a beautiful, comfortable atmosphere as her new student intern.



I encourage all students, whether they are submitting or not. To express them self using what we all love, Art. Whether it is from creating some doodles in a sketchbook to painting the next greatest master piece, get out there and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment