Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Post to Us Joining the 21st Century

Well welcome to the 21st century. The Arts Council has moved up the food chain and is now facebooking, twittering, blogging and, lord knows, what else. What do you give two 17-year old interns to do on a slow day? Turn them loose on the internet, what else. Having attended several workshops on Social Networking, I knew it was important that the Orange County Arts Council have a profile in this arena. Now granted I have a Facebook page and have connected with a few old friends (the operative word being old), but I was no where near ready to seek out fans, post photos, link all the entities, etc. But with the help of my two interns...Can we build it? Yes, we can. Although Leandra will be leaving me in September, Sarah will be staying around for another year and I fully intend on "exploiting" her services in keeping my tweets fresh and my blog witty.

For all who haven't visited us yet- this is a photo of our Sugar Loaf office.

2 comments:

  1. Does the Arts Council get involved with poetry, at all? i have written a 54-stanza epic poem, "The Rhyme of Rip Van Winkle," that would be PERFECT (she said modestly) to be the "official poem of the Quadricentennial." It cries out for an illustrator, i think, though it was VERY well-received when i "performed" it at the Newburgh Public Library's annual Family Reading Day and at the Nora Cronin Presentation Academy (for 5th-through-8th-graders).
    Genie Abrams

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is beautifully done - clean, crisp, clear, inviting, and perhaps most importan informative. Kudos to you Susan and much deserved praise and thanks to your interns Leandra and Sarah. I look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete